Saturday 24 March 2018

MAHA COASTAL RIDE DAY 5 (last day) - A Solo Trip to Cover The Coast Of Maharashtra - Sagari Mahamarg

If you have missed out on reading Day 1 - 4 click no the links below.




Day 5: Tarkarli - Vengurla - Siroda - Mumbai: March 5th, 2018

Tarkarli Beach

"FILL YOUR LIFE WITH EXPERIENCES, NOT THINGS. 

HAVE STORIES TO TELL, NOT STUFFS TO SHOW"

I couldn`t sleep due to the excitement. I had planned something really huge for the next day. SCUBA Diving, an underwater experience where we dive-in deep in the ocean and get introduced to the magnificent mysteries of the underwater world. I work up at 4.30AM the next day and was eagerly waiting for the Sun to shine so that I could run towards this adventure sport. It was not planned at all. In fact, I became aware of the existence of Scuba Diving in an area like this when I arrived at Tarkarli the other night. I instantly signed up for it as I have always wanted to do this but never got a chance. (Jay Ganesh Scuba Diving: 9404754005/9421236315)

Far In The Ocean

We were around 8 people on the first boat ride that took us 6 km in the ocean, I was given instruction by our trainer Rohan who also dived with me and took me around 40 ft. deep in the sea. It has been a once in lifetime experience till now for me. Exploring the underwater marine life, corals & rockscapes with the help of an underwater breathing Scuba Diving kit. I was underwater for 20 min but I felt like going in again and again. The calmness of the sea was so overwhelming. Once I came upon the boat, I asked the head instructor if it`s ok to jump in the sea for a swim and he said it was more than fine as he also wanted us to enjoy. I jumped in for a swim. went under the boat where I saw more fishes & surprisingly a couple of jellyfish.




Check the video on youtube: https://youtu.be/A9EEz4sR5Rc

I was back from Scuba and started my ride for the last 2 places to be checked off in the list - Vengurla which is 56 km from Tarkarli & Shiroda another 15 km. Vengurla & Shiroda are on the Maharashtra - Goa State Border. Considering them as the last beaches on Maharashtra Coastal Line, I ended my MAHA COASTAL RIDE

Just a Still

Shiroda to Mumbai Via Amobli Ghat - Kolhapur - Wakad is nearly around 630 Km & it was not possible to reach the same night. I was already missing the incredible ride on the Maharashtra Coastal Route - Sagari Mahamarg

A View from top of Vengurla Light House / Vengurla Port
Fernweh at Dutch Factory - Vengurla
I was 420 km away from Wakad where I planned to stay for a night at Abhas`s place. Abhas is a brother from IBR Pune Chapter. I started riding around 3.40 PM from Shiroda Beach towards Amboli Ghats & reached Amboli Waterfall at 5.00 PM. It was quick to cover 60 Km. I then took a tea break & started riding towards Wakad - Pune where again I took a snacks break at Goa Phata at Hotel Satyawati. It was the same Hotel was IBR Mumbai took an overnight halt while coming back from Bengaluru Bullatiapa 2015. Then I did a nonstop ride to Abhas's home covering nearly 290 Km. It was super exhausting. With a lot of chit-chats, we slept at 4.00 AM. Then I started my ride back home at 9.00 AM and was home by 1.00 PM because of the usual Mumbai city traffic.


Overall it was a great experience to ride on Maharashtra Coastal Highway. The mesmerizing view of the Ocean on one side through the trip with the motivation to ride more & more. Have covered around 1450 km in 5 days. Sometimes it necessary for us to get disconnected with the world we are living in and enjoy our own company. As said by Dan Aykroyd "You don't need a therapist if you own a motorcycle, any kind of motorcycle"

Have shared the whole route plan in Day 1 blog, you can refer & plan your trip. Get in touch if any more details required.


Few pointers if you plan a trip.
- The trip can be done in 3 days to reach Goa or depending on a personal choice.
- No need to worry about fuel, loads of fuel pump on the way.
- ATM`s, Hotels & local food joints available on the way.
- Carry your bikes spare parts to be on a safer side.
- Ferry crossing fee is 50 Rs for the rider along with the bike.
- Language: Marathi & Hindi
- Most important: Travel and enjoy the beauty of Samudri Mahamarg - Maharashtra Coastal Route, be polite with the locals and please don't litter.


Thank you for reading the blogs. Share your comments. More blogs will be updated soon. Till then "Work Hard & Ride Harder"
Cheers

#Bikesexual9696

Follow us on
Instagram : @bikesexual9696
youtube : BikeSexual9696

No comments:

Post a Comment