Friday 16 March 2018

MAHA COASTAL RIDE DAY 3 & 4 - A Solo Trip to Cover The Coast Of Maharashtra - Sagari Mahamarg

If you missed out the Day 1 & Day 2, click on the links below



Day 3: Ganeshgule, March 3rd, 2018
Ganeshgule Beach & Hill  (PC: Tarry)
Perks of traveling also include socializing and meeting new people. And since I was not at all running behind the schedules, I took the liberty to party with my brothers of IBRMC`s Mumbai Chapter and it went on past midnight. I also got an opportunity to take in the alluring sight of the Sun rising with the hues of Purple, Red, and Orange in the sky. The mesmerizing sight and overwhelming calmness of the sea is a never to be missed opportunity. I slept for a while that morning. We feed ourselves with an authentic and local breakfast of 'Poha', 'Thali Pet' with some amazing hot 'masala chai'. a must try a combination. 

Me, Sameer, Mohnish, Vishal, Tarry, Ankit
We then headed towards the beach as I did not get a chance to enjoy the beauty the other day as I reached post sunset. There was a hill right next to and attached to the beach. We were thrilled to explore something new and hence decided on an impromptu trek. We trekked our way to the peak of that elevation and our sore and tired legs were instantly healed with the sight in front of us. We all just stood there in silence, knowing that a view like that needed no praise. It was windy up there, but we could still listen to the sound of the waves and just took in the breathtaking view of the ocean. We spent some time there and then got busy in recording a few memories of that beautiful place. We sat on the cliff for nearly an hour and then trekked our way down. 
On the Cliff (PC: Tarry)
As soon as we got down, we changed into swimwear and ran into the water to now enjoy the sea water and some swimming. By the time we came out of the water, it was past lunchtime. We left the beach and headed back to Koko`s beach resort where we enjoyed the yummiest meal of my entire trip, 'Surmai Fry and Curry'. It was evening, we again went down for a walk on the beach and I enjoyed my dinner with brothers 'Prawns Fry and Chicken Curry'. The next day, the brothers had to leave for Mumbai and I had to continue my journey towards Malvan.
Surmai Fry
   *****

Day 4: Ganeshgule to Malvan, March 4th, 2018

I started off my journey with a heavy heart since they were leaving. But with a new spirit and thrilled to enjoy my solo ride, I bid them goodbye. I first rode towards Gaokhadi Beach. It is around 10km from Ganeshgule. It was a single lane highway and the weather was pleasant with a cool breeze. I was again mesmerized by the stunning beauty of Gaokhadi Beach. With the help of locals, I added Ambolgad in my list which was only 30km from Gaokhadi. A small stretch on this road was adventurous with some off-roading. Around 945AM, I was at the Ambolgad Cliff talking with the wind. 

Ambolgad Cliff
Returning down from the cliff, I visited the Ambolgad Fort and the Beach. It was then time for me to move towards my next location, Devgad. But before that, I made an instant change in plan and visited the Vijaydurg Fort. It was not on the way I was riding. I had to ride south towards Padel Canteen & then take a turn and 15km north to reach Vijaydurg. I reached at 11:45AM. I spend some quality time at the Vijaydurg Fort. Had a small where to`s and how to`s conversation with the locals and resumed my ride towards Devgad.

Fernweh at Vijaydurg Fort

I visited the Devgad Fort, Devgad Lighthouse, and Devgad Windmills. After spending some time it was time for me to head towards Tarkarli with two more places to cover in my list: Achara Beach and Malvan. I took a tea break at Achara Beach and rode towards Malvan. I reach Malvan at 5:30 in the evening. I couldn`t find any good place for stay at Malvan which would fit my budget. But I had some time in my hand before the sunset so I moved towards Tarkarli.

Fernweh at Devgad Wind Mills

Devgad Beach
It took me 20min to reach Tarkarli Beach. I started hunting for a place to crash that night and was successful in landing up at very comfortable homestay - Unnati (Mr. Bhalchandra - 9420261294/9403077540) which is 2 min walk from the main beach. I unloaded my bike and got settled. As soon as I crashed in the bed, I was fast asleep in no time. Next, when I woke up, I realized it was dinner time. When in Malvan, I would strongly suggest eating the most famous Malvani Khana. 'Surmai Thali' with 'Prawns Fry' and 'Solkadi'.  After a long and a tiring day, it was time for me to crash in the bed with some amazing things planned for the next morning which I was super excited for.
Surmai Thali at Tarkarli
Ganeshgule to Tarkarli km covered: 231km

Day 3: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=2aRs5kUAUQQ
Day 4: https://youtu.be/My8uDSeyxBY

1 comment: