Sunday 11 March 2018

MAHA COASTAL RIDE DAY 2 - A Solo Trip to Cover The Coast Of Maharashtra - Sagari Mahamarg


If you missed out to know what happened on day 1 click on the link below.


Day 2 : Shrivardhan to Ganeshgule : March 2nd, 2018

Sunrise at Shrivardhan Beach
I woke up prepared for Day 2. I knew it would be a busy day as I had to take three ferries and reach Ganeshgule. I woke up and went for a quick morning walk to enjoy the morning breeze on Shrivardhan Beach. it is such a clean beach as compared to the others. I spent some time clicking pictures of the beautiful sunrise and headed for some morning tea. Since it`s a small town, I was lucky enough to find a very homely small time restaurant for tea and breakfast. i enjoyed a really hot and spicy Missal Pav meal handmade by the owner`s wife in that restaurant. I then headed back to the home stay, packed my bags, thanked the owner and moved out for the day.
Missal Pav
The owner of the Home stay was really helpful in providing me some important information about the routes I should take and avoid, after understanding my day plan. He also Warned me out of concern to avoid entering Harihareshwar water as there have neen unfortunate instance of drowning there. I wore my safety guards and set off for Day 2 with Fernweh
Ready to Roll
The distance between Shrivardhan to Harihareshwar is 18kms. It was a quick ride to reach the beach. The Government of Maharashtra has designated Harihareshwar as a tourist place; the place has seen a great influx of tourists. On one side is River Savitri, also known as Bankot Creek. On the other side is the huge expanse of the ocean and jutting out into the sea is a promontory that is Harihareshwar. There is not much to explore here so i moved to the next location, reach Bagmandla, which is 4-5 km away from Harihareshwar. As soon as I reached there, the jetty was about to leave. I took the ticket which cost Rs.50/- including bike & the rider. Enjoyed a 10 min ferry ride and reached the other side. While riding towards Kelshi you will see River Bharja while you ride on the Mandangard ghat. Once I reached Kelshi, i experienced a bumpy ride due to uneven roads until i reached Anjarle. The average speed was around 25km/HR
Harihareshwar Jetty
I took a quick stroll at Anjarle Beach & quickly started riding towards Dabhol where I took another ferry towards Dhopave. Bought the ticket & boarded the ferry. The road passes through the controversial Dabhol Power Station. Within no time I reached Guhagar. As I had a heavy breakfast in the morning, I was not hungry and hence skipped lunch. But there are numerous small restaurants where you can stop for lunch. While I was at Guhagar Beach, had some coconut water and headed towards Tavasal.
Anjarli Beach
On my way towards Tawasal I visited Velneshwar Temple which is situated on the beach. I took a short water-break. There I met Rohan who was from Pune and was on a family trip to Ganpatipule. 
He was excited to know why I am riding alone and I was happy to tell him all about it. The roads went through villages and were very narrow. Even the uphill section was very narrow and steep. At one section the roads completely disappeared into the muddy and stone block road. Being very careful while riding on the bad patch, I managed to save myself and the bike through a skid. This road lasted for around 1-1.5km and then I could see the view of the magnificent Rohile Beach. I reached Tavasal Ferry crossing at 4.22PM where I bought ticket for Rs.55/- for the bike & the rider. Due to some technical problem the ferry was delayed. While waiting for the ride to start I met Rohan again and this time his whole family wanted to click pictures on my bike one by one.


Rohan & his family clicking pictures


Fernweh on Tavasal Ferry

At 4.48PM the ferry ride stared and lasted for 10mins
and soon I started towards Ganpatipule. It was 5PM
and I had to cover a long distance to reach Ganeshgule where other riders from IBRMC Mumbai chapter were waiting for me. But before I explored the next in the list,
I wanted to explore Jaigad. JSW has a huge steel plant at Jaigad.

I visited Jaigad Light house, spent some more time
listening to the melodious sound of the waves and wind, and relaxed for bit. Next in the list was Arey ware beach. But before that my bike got in to reserve fuel mode.
I was a bit tensed as I had not seen any fuel pump in a while. Stopped at a police choki & the officer guided me the way to the fuel pump.



Fernweh at Jaigad JSW Helipad

The main purpose of this trip was to witness the incredible Arey Ware Beach. I spent some time at this location, clicking pictures and went off towards Ganeshgule via Ratnagiri. It was beautiful to see the sea, beaches & the setting sun on your right side while you are enjoying your ride.

It was getting dark and riding on the unknown road at times can be difficult as you can easily wander off and not know where to go. Hence, always be careful of which turns you need to take and be focused. After reaching Ratnagiri, I took a wrong turn, but was on track soon with a small help of form the traffic police. Reaching Koko`s beach resort in Ganeshgule (Mr. Tushar - 7798603756) was a task as there was no network. One can`t call anyone to ask for help. I had to wait somewhere on the road for nearly 20 min only to find a boy on his way back home who helped me with the directions. I reached Ganeshgule at 7.45PM. Day 2 ride comes to an end with a very super hungry me and I headed for dinner. All the tiredness of the day vanished with the glass of Solkadi which is when I tasted bilss and divine of the Konkan region.

And the evening was then well spend with my brothers of IBRMC`s Mumbai chapter. They are a sight to my sore and tired eyes.
Sunset in Rear-View Mirror

Shrivardhan - Ganeshgule Kms Covered: 267Kms

More experiences to be share soon.
To be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment